The Wasatch Camera Club provides rich and enjoyable environment in which to improve your images with six activities that support our educational goal. These include workshops, fieldtrips, lectures, exhibits, competitions and one-on-one mentoring. Nothing is mandatory so you have complete flexibility to choose areas most appropriate for your interests. Here is a short summary of each:
- Lectures – the club attracts some of the West’s top, as well as many local, photographers who share their expertise in small groups where you’ll definitely want to bring a notebook. Just a few names include Tom Till, James Kay, Drake Busath, Jeffery Allred, and David Black to name only a few.
- Competitions – these events help answer every photographer’s question, “how am I doing?” In competition you will see where you stand not only against club photographers, but hear candid comments from a panel of qualified judges. No more, “that looks great,” from spouses, pals, or significant others who politely respond, but may not know much about photography.
- Field Trips – Antelope Island, Bonneville Salt Flats, Great Salt Lake, Zion Park, Vermillion Cliffs and don’t forget Moab are all haunts of club field trips. More than that, recent trips include the dunes at Little Sahara, a street photography effort in Salt Lake City and Ensign Peak for the lunar eclipse. You’ll go with folks who know the area and share points of interest.
- Workshops – Okay, drag out your camera and participate in a workshop on wedding photography, or equine photography. Or perhaps, a workshop on Lightroom 4 or Photoshop CS 6.
- Mentoring – need personal help on HDR, Photoshop, Lightroom, landscape photography? We’ll work to tie you up with a person who will work with you on your area of interest.
- Exhibits – is an opportunity to literally show your stuff at local gallery along with other members of the club. Grow your printing and framing skills and perhaps sell some of your work.
Now it’s up to you. If you're ready to expand your skills, meet fellow photographers, and go to some iconic locations please join us – for a better image.